Thursday, January 1, 2009

Too busy to read my OCD-induced ramblings? Here's the gist for the rest of you:

For those of you who have been faithful readers, you know I write in GREAT (and often gross) detail about every step and I truly appreciate that my long-winded ramblings haven't driven you away. I'm writing this for the fuckers that haven't taken the time.

Kidding! I'm totally kidding! The truth is, I write faster than I can read, so I understand plowing through my entries may not be for everyone.

That said, here's the synthesized current lowdown:

I secured my URL (lostintaipei.com) with the original intention of rambling about adventures specific to my experience living abroad in Asia.

However, while here, the Universe aligned in such a way that we decided to try IVF since I already had one of the components down pat: sitting around on my ass. Plus, it wouldn't break the bank to quite the degree as doing it in the states. Since doing IVF fell under the category of an especially unusual "experience while living abroad in Asia," I decided to mainly focus my entries on this fun process.

The snags have been: 1) I developed OHSS (my ovaries hyper-stimulated--a condition I find extra scary given my Mom's death from ovarian cancer), and 2) I've had my annual nasty cough on top of everything else for well over 2 weeks.

In fact, while writing this, I had yet another bout where it feels like either my eyeballs are gonna pop out and/or I'm going to burst a blood vessel in my head and die of an aneurysm. Then while I'm in the midst of either coughing over the sink or bowl--whichever is nearest--I suddenly throw up a little of what looks like a crapload of phlegm. The latter being a totally new experience to my normal coughing regimen. I've had about 7 bouts just like the last I described since about 7:00 PM last night.

So I'm off to the hospital again. Except this time I fear it's going to be a bigger deal than just trying to get them to prescribe me cough medicine that ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS! Which leads to another fear--that they can't really prescribe anything because, for the first time in my life, I could actually be pregnant!

Fingers and toes crossed that: 1) I got pregnant, and 2) I'll get to keep my eyeballs intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment