Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mmmm. Waste not Want Not. Or: Finger Lickin' Good. Or: Boy, are we Friggin' Homesick! (click link)

I know this story is going around the web today. My friend Laurie even emailed asking if it was going on here in Taiwan.

Here's my answer: Ignorance is bliss.

and...

Not sure.

Hope not.

Don't think so.

They seem to love cats so much here, that they charge up to $1,000.00 USD for them in the pet stores.

I intend to purposely stay away from actually reading any of these articles because the reality is too disturbing to me and, it's literally too close to home... gonna pull an ostrich.

I can say MOST Taiwanese people are proud of the clear distinction they perceive they have between their culture and mainland China's culture.

And I shall choose to believe that extends to including the consumption of pet meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment